Houston Medicaid Lawyer | Elder Law Attorney Houston | TX Estate Planning
Houston Medicaid Lawyer, Estate Planning Attorney, Elder Law Firm, VA Accredited Attorney
Serving the Houston, Texas region and accepting cases from throughout the state, we assist clients with Medicaid Planning, Elder Law and Estate Planning matters. Government assistance programs such as Medicaid, Medicare, and veterans pensions provide people with access to medical and long-term care services that they could not otherwise purchase with their income. Unfortunately, the eligibility rules and the procedures for applying for these programs have become so complex that they are extremely confusing to the people they are designed to help. In addition we draft wills, powers of attorney, Advance Directives, living trusts, special needs trusts, and other estate planning documents with a focus on elder law issues.
At The Stone Law Firm we are dedicated to helping older people and the disabled in the Houston, Texas area, obtain government benefits and access to quality care, while ensuring they have the benefit of every legal opportunity to protect assets. Houston Medicaid attorney Nancy Stone, JD, MPH has the expertise in elder law and Veterans' benefits to help seniors and their families and caregivers obtain the best results at reasonable rates.
Houston Medicaid Attorney, Accredited by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Our firm provides consultation on how to pay for quality long-term care while protecting hard-earned savings, drawing from a variety of pay sources, including:
- Medicare (limited to 100 days of rehabilitation after a three-day hospital stay)
- Medicaid, including nursing home and home care programs, such as Community Attendant Services and Community-Based Alternatives
- Veterans Aid and Attendance pensions for assisted living, personal care homes, and nursing home care
- Long-term care insurance
Our goal is to help the client obtain the highest quality care in the most appropriate long-term care setting and to remain at home in the community for as long as possible. We achieve this by offering a variety of Medicaid, long-term care, special needs, VA, and estate planning services, including:
- Medicaid planning, which includes crisis planning and assistance with eligibility, spend-down, Miller Trusts or Qualified Income Trusts, spousal impoverishment protections, application process, and appeals
- Special needs planning to obtain or preserve eligibility for Social Security disability benefits and Medicare Savings programs
- Estate and disability planning, including preparation of essential legal documents such as Durable Power of Attorney, Medical Power of Attorney, Directive to Physicians or Living Will, Revocable Living Trusts, and Wills, all with a focus on elder law issues and planning for long-term care and government benefits eligibility
- Retirement and government benefits planning, including Medicare enrollment, Medicare Supplemental insurance, Social Security retirement benefits, and Medicare Savings programs
Texas Medicaid Law Firm Providing Elder Law Services, Estate Planning, Special Needs Planning
Attorney Nancy Stone completed a joint degree program in health law and public health, earning a Master of Public Health degree, as well as a Juris Doctorate. Licensed by the Texas State Bar since 1993, she has worked with health law and policy issues throughout her career as an attorney.
Nancy Stone has both the professional and personal experience to compassionately and skillfully assist her clients with navigating complex public health and government assistance programs. She is certified by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. She has also worked extensively with health care policy issues, drafting and testifying on legislation in the Texas Legislature and advocating on health care issues in the U.S. Congress. She served as president of the Texas Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and was awarded the chapter's Outstanding Achievement Award for 2009. In addition, Nancy Stone is a public speaker and published writer on elder law and public health issues.
Contact our Medicaid, special needs, and estate planning lawyer for a free initial telephone consultation and learn more about the valuable Medicaid, Veterans, Special Needs, and Estate services we provide. Our goal is to make this process as easy for clients as possible. We are centrally located in Houston's Greenway Plaza, but if you are unable to come to our office, we will visit you in your home, hospital room or long-term care facility. Additional offices are located in the Westchase, Sugar Land, FM 1960/Champions, Jersey Village, and Woodlands areas of Houston and in San Antonio on the Riverwalk. We are open 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. weekdays and can provide weekend appointments upon request.
Attorney Nancy Stone assists clients with Elder Law, Medicaid Planning, and Estate Planning throughout Harris County, TX. We are based in Houston and serve all of Harris County, Bellaire, Alief, Galleria, West University, The Heights, Pearland, Alvin, Sugar Land, Missouri City, Kingwood, Humble, The Woodlands, Spring, Tomball, Conroe, Pasadena, Baytown, La Porte, Clear Lake, Galveston, Texas City, Caty, Friendswood, Crosby, as well as parts of Fort Bend County, Brazoria County, Montgomery County, Galveston County, Liberty County, Chambers County, Waller County and throughout Southeast TX.